Hosanna Homes is primarily a Therapeutic Foster Care agency, licensed by the State of California, dedicated to finding and licensing foster parents for long-term. short-term, and emergency care for children in ten different counties including San Francisco, Alameda, Contra Costa, San Mateo, Santa Clara, San Joaquin, Sonoma, Solano, Marin, and Napa counties. As a foster-family agency, Hosanna Homes provides placement wherein foster children and families are selectively matched to meet the needs of both the foster family and the child. Foster parents receive training, supervision, and financial support to care for the foster child. Our case managers are on call 24 hrs. a day and are available for therapeutic support to the foster family and foster child in both everyday and emergency situations. The primary goal at Hosanna Homes is to facilitate reunification of the foster children with their biological family. We select our parents very carefully, looking for people who can encourage hope and instill purpose in the life of a child. Most foster children have experienced traumatic and emotional difficulties, and need a nurturing family environment that will provide love, consistency, supervision, and appropriate parenting and family role models. Foster parents may be married or single and may or may not have children of their own. Hosanna Homes provides extended services in addition to working with foster families. We are partially funded through private donations as a foster family agency and are a non-profit organization. Our extended services include:
Advocacy-insuring the child’s rights in both the legal and social services system.
- After Care-providing treatment and referral services to children who have left the program to insure stable placement.
- Independent Living Skills-training for foster parents and foster children 16 years or older.
- Parent Training-helping community parents deal with special issues and problems.
- Professional Consultation and Training-sharing our professional expertise and experience with private and public agencies.
- Research-studying child and family problems and seeking solutions in order to prevent family disruptions and damage to children.
- Scholarships-funding for educational recreational, and spiritual activities which enrich a foster child’s life.
For more information about becoming a foster parent, or to find out how you can help, please contact us at HosannaPathways@gmail.com or call us at 1-844-KIDHOPE.